As you close in on the divorce process, don't be surprised if you have hundreds of questions rolling through your mind. While some are more important than others, you need to address each and every one in a timely manner.
Here are some of the many divorce questions that you can't afford to put off, as they will have an impact on the process from beginning to end:
- Are you completely sure that you want to move forward with divorce? Have you tried everything possible to fix your marriage?
- How much does it cost to complete the divorce process?
- How long does it take for a divorce to be finalized?
- What are the goals and benefits of divorce mediation?
- What happens if divorce mediation does not work?
- Does the court require that I work with a divorce attorney?
- What happens if my divorce case moves to the courtroom?
- What happens if you decide to get back together with your spouse?
These are not the only divorce-related questions that you'll need to answer, but they are among the most common. The majority of people find themselves asking and answering these questions early in the process.
Once you're sure that divorce is the best way to improve your life, it's time to address these questions with the idea that the answers will help you better understand what you should and shouldn't be doing.
As long as you collect the necessary knowledge and do whatever it takes to protect your legal rights, you can feel good about the direction things are heading with your divorce.
Source: The Huffington Post, "Top Five Questions Asked About Divorce," accessed May 18, 2018