Once you decide to move forward with the divorce process, it goes without saying that your life is going to change in many ways. You will feel many things, all of which you need to deal with accordingly.
Here are some of the feelings that are sure to move to the forefront:
- A feeling of being alone, as finding love once again will be the furthest thing from your mind
- Many things remind you of your ex-spouse, such as a favorite restaurant or sports team
- A feeling of living two lives if you have children, as you’re a parent one second but a single adult another
- Feelings that the future is bright, followed by devastation that your marriage did not work out
- Happiness that you have the ability to mold your own future
While these are some of the many feelings you may have to deal with during the divorce process, don’t be surprised if others come into play. You never know what will happen or how you will feel when you begin to move through the steps.
Although it can be a challenge to deal with so many feelings, you can’t let this overtake your life. You need to stay on the ball, as there are many key decisions to make during the divorce process.
No matter how you are feeling, it’s essential that you understand your legal rights and what you can and can’t do during your divorce. Once your divorce is finally in the rearview mirror, you can then turn your attention to what the future will bring.
Source: The Huffington Post, “10 Totally Unexpected Things You Feel During Divorce,” accessed Nov. 03, 2017